Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Little About Me



     Hello again! I hope everyone is enjoying their week! I want to encourage everyone to follow the blog and tell all your friends...seriously, all of them! I want the whole world to know about James and Lily Jewelry but, first, I thought I would tell you a little about me.

I'm Kelly, the owner/creator/designer/blogger at James and Lily Jewelry. I first entered into the field of jewelry design years ago when I was just a girl living in Toledo, Ohio. I took a summer job working as the assistant to a very talented jewelry repair shop and soaked up everything I could about fine jewels. As one of eight children, yes, that's right, eight children I was searching for a creative outlet to pass my time. My creative outlet turned into a career passion and it was then that I decided to study at the Gemological Institute of America where I received a Graduate Gemologist degree.

I have also studied jewelry making and wax carving at Studio Jlrs. LTD, Studio 172 in Brooklyn, New York and at the 92Y in New York City under the direction of award winning jewelry designer Sayumi Yokouchi and master wax carver Paul Kim.

This company has been my dream for many years and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to turn it into my reality. I genuinely look forward to meeting my clients, creating beautiful pieces for them to wear and the satisfaction it brings. 

XO,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment